Monday, August 2, 2010

c is for cookie, it's good enough for me

I have a confession to make.

I have never eaten a macaron.

For those of you who are now saying "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU?," I wholeheartedly apologize.

For those of you who are now saying "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS A MACARON?," I give you these delicious-looking examples from Etsy seller Sparkles Kitchen:


1. They are cookies.
2. They are cream-filled.
3. They are rainbow.

They're like the My Little Ponies of the cookie world, and I have yet to indulge in one. I could make them, I suppose...but from what I have heard, they are difficult to master, and since I'm very much a greenhorn baker, I'm almost certain I would destroy them. And I'm not certain where one might purchase them here in Grand Rapids. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

And if the above picture didn't make you squee:

A macaron bracelet by Etsy seller FatallyFeminine, who has an entire stock of dessert-inspired jewelry.

I'm lusting after this one, particularly. Though I can see myself wanting to eat my own wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment