Monday, November 29, 2010

perfect

image via accessq.deviantart.com

I am not perfect.

I'm lazy.
I'm a horrible procrastinator.
I have a lot of cool, awesome ideas that I never put into effect.
I'm not always a hard worker.
I whine.
I cry when things get to be too much.
I'm unhappy with how I look.
I've done things I'm not pleased about.
I'm out of shape with no reason to be so.
I'm selfish.
I'm not always a good friend.
I'm not always good to myself.
I'm irresponsible.
I often blame the world for being unfair when I don't try hard enough to change it.
I hide my feelings and push away people who may try to get me to share them.

But there are perfect things.

I have a family who loves me.
I have parents who are my heroes.
I have a sister who will throw down if anyone hurts me.
I have an apartment full of roommates and animals that make me laugh and smile daily.
I have an imagination that would make Tim Burton smile.
I am a fountain of useless information and kick ass at Trivial Pursuit.
I have friends that would die for me.
I have a good set of beliefs, and am not afraid to make them known and fight for them.
I have not been so jaded by the bad things that have happened to me to lose faith in friends, life, family, men, or God.
I know that even if everyone in my life turns their back on me, God and Christ still love me.

Sometimes we just need to force ourselves to look at the good things, as lengthy as the bad list might be. I need to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment