Monday, April 30, 2012

lundi links

image via society6

Not sure if that's true. I really love cupcakes, you guys. But the sentiment is sweet.


♦ Want to do what you love, but don't know where to start? Leo at Zenhabits made you a helpful how-to.

♦ During a slightly heated conversation between my mother and sister regarding the latter's upcoming nuptials and lack of get-up-and-go she is exhibiting in getting things arranged, I jokingly told my mom I would elope for her mental health. I was kidding, but these city hall weddings are so cute I'm starting to think that maybe an adorable little quickie ceremony might have something to it...

♦ I am sadly apartment-bound and can't paint my walls, but sometimes I see a color combo and just WANT. But...said color combo is a photo of a tropical bird, not a paint swatch. Never fear! LetsChipIt is a site that lets you upload photos and find the exact Sherwin-Williams paint colors to correspond. So...go paint your inspirations. And show me pictures so I can live vicariously through you.

♦ Are you a freelancer? If so, have you--God forbid--been screwed over by a client? Then check this out: the world's largest invoice, a website in which you can post how much you were stiffed and add to the massive amount shown. This website will then be submitted to lawmakers in order to try and pass a law that will help protect freelancers from this kind of fate.

Laser-cut nori. Pretty? Yes. Necessary? No....except yes.

♦ Shauna wrote an excellent things to learn when you're 25-ish.

♦ I'm not one to not take credit for something impressive I've done. I'm not a braggart, and I don't go out of the way to say "LOOK WHAT I DID," but hey, I'm proud when I achieve something. If I've lost twenty pounds and you say "You look great," I'm not going to oh-p'shaw it. I'm going to tell you I just ate nothing but rabbit food and Jillian Michaels'd it until I passed out every night. Luckily, me and Sarah are on the same page.

♦ Kyla wrote this super-helpful guide to dealing with taxes when you're a self-employed freelancer.

♦ One of my dreams has always been to migrate to New York to become a writer. For now, I'll live vicariously through all of my sisters who have done it before.

Blogger's Block? Joy's got an app for that.

♦ My parents have been visiting Vegas semi-annually for as long as I can remember. I'm not a big gambler, so I've always been lukewarm to the idea of visiting. Naturally, Gala Darling managed to make me want to go pretty hard.

♦ Katie always has the cutest ideas. Anonymous Easter egg hunt? So doing this next year. ^_^

Rainbow parade. Yes.

♦ Random Wants: Dapper Gent Ring. Harley Quinn Leggings. A magic wand to make this coat grown-up-size.

No comments:

Post a Comment