Tuesday, September 20, 2011

blogger a-z


image © daniel tadman


This has been going around the blogosphere, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.

A. Age:
26
B. Bed size: Full. I'd love a queen, but I don't share my bed with anyone but the occasional kitty, so full is fine for now. :)
C. Chore that you hate: Washing dishes. Especially when there are chunks of food floating around. When I was living with my ex-fiancé, I would actually start gagging so much about it that he was grudgingly take over. I'm less wimpy now, but still...blech.
D. Dogs: Love them, but my schedule (and my landlord) doesn't allow for one. My first pet was a collie/lab mix named Sandy, and she was the best dog ever. I love mutts, though I have a soft spot for huskies, German shepherds, and big ol' Great Danes. ^_^
E. Essential start to your day: Laying in bed, checking my Facebook and email. I'm not a get-up-and-go type; I tend to need to wake my mind and body up slowly.
F. Favorite color: Bright, smack-you-in-the-face Barbie magenta. Bonus points if there's glitter.
G. Gold or Silver: I was a die-hard silver-only girl for a long time (typical of my generation), but gold is slowly growing on me. Especially burnished, antique-looking gold. It warms my skin up a lot.
H. Height: 5'9", though I'm usually a lot taller based on my love of stilettos.
I. Instruments you play: I played various forms of clarinet for eight years (my favorite was the contrabass, because it was taller than me and awesome). I can play a bit of piano, and enough drums to keep a general beat, as long as I don't have to get fancy with it. I can also play the B-flat scale on a trumpet. I own a violin (it was my great-great-grandfather's) that I intend to learn.
J. Job title: Customer Care Executive...sounds way more bad-ass than it actually is. XD
K. Kids: None, technically. Though we do have two kitties and a turtle.
L. Live: Grand Rapids, Michigan, the greatest city in the world. :)
M. Mother’s name: Pamela
N. Nicknames: Em, mostly. My parents (and some aunts) call me Floyd, my entire extended family calls me Sissy, and a lot of people call me Kat, based on my renaissance faire persona. And, of course, Genesis.
O. Overnight hospital stays: When I was very young (two, I think?) I had a severe allergic reaction to codeine that left me extremely dehydrated and unable to keep anything down, so I was kept in the hospital for a few nights. Nothing since then, though.
P. Pet peeves: Loud chewing. My sister is the loudest chewer in the world, and she doesn't have her mouth open or anything. We tested it by having both of us chew a piece of ice, and my mother even confirmed that my sister managed to chew louder. Something about her mouth's acoustics or something. A more serious peeve is bullying, and homophobia.
Q. Quote from a movie: "How ya feelin', Mac?" "GOOD ENOUGH TO FUCK YOUR MOTHER." -- Supertroopers
R. Right or left handed: Left. You know, like the cool kids.
S. Siblings: One sister, Marley, who is seven years younger than me. I also refer to her fiancé, Brian, as my little brother, since he's been around for a long while.
T. Time you wake up: 8:00-ish. I need to start setting my alarm for 7:30, because I am a master at hitting that snooze alarm. I try to leave a few hours before work so I'll actually get things accomplished, but it doesn't always work out because, you know...sleep.
U. Underwear: ....I have them. A lot of them. Not as many as my roommate, which is disconcerting, because my roommate is a man. O.o
V. Vegetable you hate: I can't do peas. They're just...blechhhhhhhh. I do, however, like pea pods in stirfry. ^_^
W. What makes you run late: Distractions. Usually internet-based. I'm very rarely late to work or "important" things, but I'm notorious for running late for social events. My friend Meghean actually runs things on "Em Time" and tells me to be there a half-hour before she actually wants me there.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Dental, knee, ankle. My ankle one looks pretty bad-ass, what with my cyborg hardware. ^_^
Y. Yummy food that you make: I make what I call "crack dip," which is an ridiculously unhealthy buffalo chicken cheese dip that gets rave reviews. My family also loves my white chicken chili.
Z. Zoo animal: I love monkeys; spider monkeys were my favorite as a child. I also love big cats, especially the tigers and snow leopards. They're such gorgeous creatures, and absolutely mesmerizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment